Friday, January 25, 2013

What to do when your SharePoint Content Database shows in suspect mode?


Yesterday when I tried to access my Central Administration site, it suddenly didn’t respond & returned HTTP error: 404. I checked everything like AppPool, ISS, all are fine. In last, I checked SQL Server Management Studio and noticed that among all my databases the SharePoint_Config was marked as “Suspect”. This error occurs when SharePoint Content database get corrupt. After searching on Google, I found two solutions to resolve this issue:  

Solutions:

1. Restore a backup of the Content database.  

Caution: Below steps may cause to lose data that's why it is extremely dangerous to execute. I will recommend you to try all other better solutions including calling to Microsoft Support, third party SharePoint Recovery Software etc. 

2. To resolve the issue, use following steps in order as mentioned:

– Use the Master database

– Verify that database has issues 
EXEC sp_resetstatus ‘SharePoint_Config’

– Put the database in emergency mode
ALTER DATABASE SharePoint_Config SET EMERGENCY DBCC checkdb(‘SharePoint_Config’)

– Set the database in single user mode
ALTER DATABASE SharePoint_Config SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE

–Repair the database with data loss
DBCC CheckDB (‘SharePoint_Config’, REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS)

–Set the database in multi-user mode
ALTER DATABASE SharePoint_Config SET MULTI_USER

–Verify that database is reset
EXEC sp_resetstatus ‘SharePoint_Config’

After running the above steps on the Master database, I Fixed Suspected SharePoint_Config database & Now I am able to access the content web application.

No comments:

Post a Comment